The funeral arrangement begins with a phone call to us. Darrin Burns Family Funerals are on call 24 hours a day, every day of the week. Once the call is received arrangements are made to take your loved one into our care. It is at this time that we will make an appointment to see you or the person responsible for arranging the funeral at a time that is convenient. Since this meeting may be lengthy the meeting can be held either in your home, in surroundings that are familiar or, in our office; wherever you feel that you would be more comfortable.
The sensitivity of this meeting is well understood by the staff of Darrin Burns Family Funerals. We know that the grief and sadness experienced by the bereaved often makes such a meeting difficult and exhausting. This is where our training & professionalism makes a difference. Our task is to fulfil the legal requirements associated with the death and, at the same time, make the necessary funeral arrangements that will meet your needs and the wishes of the deceased. This meeting will assist you in making the big decisions that need to be made. The following need to be considered:
- Cremation or burial.
- Religious or non-religious service or RSL service.
- The day, time and location of the service (For a cremation service it is recommended, that for a long service, the chapel is doubled booked).
- Do you require cars to pick you up?
- Who do you wish to officiate, clergy or celebrant.
- Will there be a viewing, (embalming is recommended prior to viewing).
- Coffin or casket.
- Who will carry the casket?
- Will there be music, prayers or poems? If so, which ones?
- Who will do a eulogy and how many tributes will there be?
- Floral tributes and/or donations to a charity of your choice.
- Will there be a memorial book, order of service booklets or memorial cards.
- Notice(s) in paper(s), how many and which one(s).
- What personal touches would you like to add to the service? (Remember; a funeral service or life celebration is an important part of the grieving process. It is an individual matter and there is no right or wrong way to do it).
- Will there be refreshments after the service?
- Where will it be held?
Contact us 02 9674 7925